The Alliance for Sustainable Building Products (ASBP), in collaboration with the ASBP Plastics in Construction Group, has launched an exciting new innovation pitch series.
Aimed at innovators, start-ups and manufacturers launching new product ranges, the purpose of the ‘Dragons’ Den’ style event programme is to identify innovative alternatives to conventional plastic building materials and packaging. The products can be at any stage of the innovation cycle from early development to market ready.
There are a number of events in the series, each with a focus on different product types:
- Insulation – Thursday 18th June, 14:00-15:30
- Single use plastics and packaging – Thursday 17th September, 11:00-12:30
- Building services – Thursday 15th October, 11:00-12:30
- Flooring, finishes & paints – Thursday 19th November, 11:00-12:30
- Building elements (Walls, doors, windows, roofs) – 17th December, 11:00-12:30
Each event will feature 3 guest ‘Dragons’ as judges, who will share their expertise with the audience. They will have relevant expertise from across the sustainable development, investment and green building sectors.
The first of the Dragon’s Den Pitch events takes place on Thursday 18th June, 14:00-15:30 and is focussed on innovative insulation materials.
Invited Dragons are:
- Dr John Williams: Senior Partner at Sinvestec LLC and has over 25 years’ experience in strategic technical roles in polymers and biotech in both global multi-nationals and small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Jamie Page: Chief Executive at The Cancer Prevention and Education Society. Jamie will share his research on the significant health risks associated with fire retardants.
Mark Lynn: Managing Director at Eden Renewable Innovations Ltd with over 18 years’ experience in the fields of natural insulation and timber preservation. He is passionate about making the best use of local resources, minimising waste and ensuring that sustainability, performance and quality go hand in hand.
The ASBP will also launch a new Plastics in Construction Introductory Guidance document at the first event on 18th June.
Winners of each event will be invited to take part in a ‘grand final’, which is scheduled to take place in January 2021. The winners will benefit from a number of opportunities including a trial of their product in a live building project and mentoring opportunities with industry experts. All shortlisted entrants will receive exposure of their products via the ASBP’s popular website, newsletter and social media channels.
All events in the series will be streamed live online as a webinar (Zoom) and will also be recorded for on-demand viewing. All events are free to attend. To register and for more information, please visit https://asbp.org.uk/upcomingevents.
The audience will also be invited to vote for their preferred choice – the ‘People’s Vote’!